Suspended branches

Hajo Nils Krabbenhöft h at n0b.de
Tue Jan 8 14:24:41 EST 2008

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury schrieb:
> [cc-ing devel]
>
> * Hajo Nils Krabbenhöft had this to say on [08 Jan 2008, 19:57:48 +0100]:
> [snip]

>> i didnt find anything specific on the pidgin page
>> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FinchFeat
>> what exactly are the improvements in the finchfeat logging branch?
>>

> This branch doesn't have any change for the logging stuff in libpurple
> (as far as I remember). It just uses the stuff introduced in
> .remotelogging branch. Look at finch/gntlog.c, finch/gntlog.h and other
> files that include gntlog.h for specific details.
>

>>> I would rather this remains unsuspended. It pulled some changes from the
>>> .remotelogging branch, and I suspect it will require updates once there
>>> are changes in the .remotelogging branch. Or perhaps it should just be
>>> merged with .remotelogging.
>>>

>> i did modify the remotelogging branch a while ago on my own repository to
>> make remote logging work and to be able to merge remotelogging into main.
>>

> I suspect (hope) you have submitted the changes you made as a patch?
> (If not, you should :) )

well i hosted my monotone repository so that richard laager could pull
my changes. he is currently looking into my patches
>> if you decide on merging remotelogging and finchfeat logging, i hereby
>> volunteer to do so.
>>

> The merging of these two branches should not require any conflict
> resolution, in which case it will be simpler for someone with push
> access to merge and push. But if there are conflicts, then it would be
> great if you send a patch to remove the conflicts for the merge :)
>
> I might end up updating the finchfeat.logging branch to use the current
> logging stuff. Not being able to view logs gets rather annoying at
> times, especially for conversations with multi-buddy contacts. And the
> required updates to remotelogging doesn't seem to be happening.

if you give me your key id i can add you to my monotone server.
i'm using my modified remotelogging branch for a while now and it works
fine.
it also compiles on debian and on windows and i propagated in the
changes from main