pidgin.im very slow

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Thu Jul 3 07:17:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

Phil Hannent schrieb:
> A quick google suggests that a 1U colocation in the UK costs £50 per
> month with 200GB of bandwidth.  It would be nice if a company or
> organisation could donate the money on an annual basis.   If there were
> two servers the whole thing could be mirrored to redundancy.
In Germany you get a dedicated server for 49€, including all bandwith
(after 1TB/month the network will be limited to 10MBit/s until you reset
it via web frontend back to 100MBit/s) including the hardware and 6 IP
addresses.

See http://hetzner.de/rootserver.html for details. I guess you could
find even cheaper ones, but I only have experience with that specific
provider (and so far they didn't dissappoint me ;)

Greetings
-Sascha-