pidgin.im very slow

Tobias Markmann tmarkmann at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:30:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Sascha Vogt <FunkyFish at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Phil Hannent schrieb:
> > A quick google suggests that a 1U colocation in the UK costs £50 per
> > month with 200GB of bandwidth.  It would be nice if a company or
> > organisation could donate the money on an annual basis.   If there were
> > two servers the whole thing could be mirrored to redundancy.
> In Germany you get a dedicated server for 49€, including all bandwith
> (after 1TB/month the network will be limited to 10MBit/s until you reset
> it via web frontend back to 100MBit/s) including the hardware and 6 IP
> addresses.
>
> See http://hetzner.de/rootserver.html for details. I guess you could
> find even cheaper ones, but I only have experience with that specific
> provider (and so far they didn't dissappoint me ;)
>
> Greetings
> -Sascha-

Hi,
I've just talked to a friend of mine, Florian Jensen, who would like to help
you with your cohosting problems. They are providing hosting and housing
services and I think it's worth for the pidgin.im admins to contact him and
talk about it.

You can reach him via (in preferred order):
xmpp:admin at im.flosoft.biz <xmpp%3Aadmin at im.flosoft.biz>
mailto:admin at flosoft.biz
http://flosoft.biz/contact/

I hope you find something that fits the purpose.

Cheers,
Tobias