Lisp bindings for Libpurple

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 16:55:36 EDT 2008

Evan Driscoll wrote:
> I'm considering writing a program which will have an IM component, and
> libpurple seems like a reasonable choice given the multi-protocol
> support. However, I plan on working in either Common Lisp or Scheme
> (currently undecided which), which means that I would need to use the
> appropriate foreign-function interface to make Lisp bindings for libpurple.

If D-Bus bindings already exist for your favourite flavour of Lisp, you
might like to try using the Telepathy framework
<http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/> for your program's IM component. I
suspect that using a D-Bus API from Lisp would get you up and running
faster than writing a language binding for libpurple.

--
Will