Mac OS X fink packaging draft updated to 2.4.0

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Sat Mar 1 23:02:57 EST 2008

Hi folks,
 	As always, great work on pidgin!  I've rolled up a package update
(undergoing validation) to the fink project (Mac OS X).  I've only checked
it against 10.4/ppc32 so far.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1850182&group_id=17203&atid=414256

(To test it out, cp pidgin.{info,patch}
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/, then "fink update pidgin")

Patch comments: the patch attached to the tracker has just minor
adjustments for compilation.  I don't know if they're appropriate for the
general use.  The first hunk includes a header earlier because Apple's
headers don't always include dependent headers.  The second hunk #defines
a preprocessor variable so the definition of cchar_t is becomes available
from [n]curses.h.  Feedback welcome.

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
 	-- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)