PHPurple 0.1.0 pre-alpha is released

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe morty at gmx.net
Mon Mar 3 02:03:34 EST 2008

Well, the GPL says: GPL say: If you use this code you must use GPL, too
(and do some other things). BSD says: Do whatever you want, as long as
you add the copyright notice (and don't sue the autor). Therefore you
can use BSD-Code and publish the whole thing as GPL (, as all BSD
license terms are included in the GPL). You can not use GPL-Code and
Publish it as BSD.
You can probably out _your_ code under a duo license: GPL and BSD - with
a notice that the BSD only applies to the code in the file. (Therefore
someone can reuse helper-functions, etc.)

IANAL... But that's my understanding of quite a few discussions I followed.

Morty