Google Summer of Code

John Arevalo johnarevalo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:15:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Witold Slizowski
<witold.slizowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Doliner wrote:
>  > [snip]
>  > Aspiring Students: Applications can be submitted starting in one week, on
>  > Monday, March 24th.  Feel free to check out our project ideas page at
>  > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects  If you have any questions
>  > about anything, please ask on this mailing list or our irc channel, #pidgin on
>  > irc.freenode.net.
>  > [snip]
>
>  I have a question regarding proposed topic: "Implementing
>  videoconference and VoIP". Do you think about the implementation of any
>  particular solution (like libjingle for example) or rather about the
>  creation a general interface for RTP protocol that could be used by most
>  IM networks served  by pidgin in the future?
>
>  Regards,
>  Witold Slizowski

2 options are interesting for me. I'm looking for support in existing
protocols like MSN and Yahoo! because these are most used in IM, we
can limit to MSN, all depending on the scope that we will define to
the project.

create a general interface for RTP will require pidgin as IM client in
both sides, at least I see it well.

Regards,
--
John Arévalo