language translation in Pidgin.

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:18:17 EDT 2008

* arun kumar had this to say on [20 Oct 2008, 03:20:03 -0700]:
[snip]
> Please help me about how to go on from here with respect to
> implementation. that is which language or software to be used as
> protocols. how to integrate apis..............

Take a look at the text-replacement plugin (pidgin/plugins/spellchk.c)
that ships with Pidgin. It modifies outgoing text, based on a few
replacement-rules defined by the user. In your case, you will need to
modify the text based on the interaction with the
translation/transliteration library you use.

> Also i need to detect the incoming language for a user and then
> convert it into the native language of the user.

Take a look at how the 'receiving-im-msg'/'receiving-chat-msg' signals
are used in various plugins. These signals allow a plugin to modify
incoming messages. So you should be able to process the messages however
you want to (detect the language and/or translate/transliterate) and
show the result to the user as the incoming message.

Cheers,
Sadrul