pidgin: 5316525f: 2008.09.11 - csyfek <csyfek(at)gmail.com...

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 11:22:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:10 AM, SHiNE <csyfek at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, i think we really need to define a process which will not be problematic.
>
> one problem i found is that i commit at 2008.09.05 and 09.06, but i
> didn't received notice form pidgin server till 09.12.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here.
Committing really has no dependency on the server at all, it is only
when you push your changes that the server comes into the picture.

> many times, i can't ping through pidgin.im server or even got the
> "unknown host" message from my network.

pidgin.im doesn't respond to pings, so that part is "normal"
I haven't experienced this type of network problems, so I can only
guess that it is something on your end.

> i've just created a branch named im.pidgin.pidgin.openq, hope that we
> can avoid the commiting problem, and we've never modified code of
> pidgin trunk.

This is good progress :)
Is your intent to continue the current process replacing the entire qq
directory in this branch with an updated version or are you planning
to make incremental changed in the branch?

-D