my proposal

markos calderon mcmarkos86 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:36:27 EDT 2009

Hi mahendra, thanks for your reply and your ideas... Yes I think it can be a
great project maybe this part about send sms is the beginning of something
really good... Well, I think i'm gonna use KMobileTools or Gammu, I don't
thik so that there will be a problem in Linux/MAC... I worked in a similar
project too and it will be great that you can help me with advices and
feedbacks =)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM, mahendra panpalia
<panpaliamahen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Markos,
>
> This sounds to be a good idea. You just need to design a SMS-PDU.
> At the same time you can also avail other WAP services (v-card, v-cal, push
> messages, smart messages etc).
>
> You can also extend this application for sending SMS in bulk by
> implementing SMPP ( Short Message Peer to Peer Protocol ) protocol and
> linking application to ESME (external short message entity)...need to check
> if  pidgin will avail this facility...then each user can have an account
> with pidgin and they can buy a credit for sending sms in bulk. In this case
> user will not require a mobile.
>
> Have you decided about software language, tool etc?
> will your application support on linux/MAC OS as well...though not sure
> about AT commands...does they work with Linux/MAC?
>
> I have worked on similar application, so let me know if i can be of any
> help to you.
>
> Regards,
> Mahendra
>

> 2009/4/3 markos calderon <mcmarkos86 at gmail.com>
>
>> HI, i'm marco calderon this is my proposal for the idea a plugin for send
>> sms messages using the cell phones. please send me any feedback
>>
>> The majority of the people spent a lot of time using their PCs, and it
>> will be very useful provide a plugin in pidgin for communicate with their
>> friends that are in their cell’s phonebook, to achieve this goal, text
>> messages can be sent using a phone.   I will add the following features:
>> 1.      Implement the protocol for sending SMS 2.      Build an interface
>> for add a cell account. 3.      Once establish the protocol: sending
>> messages and receive responses will not have so many problems.   My
>> working plan describe in more details for working in this project is
>> described in the following schema: ·        Establish the connection
>> between the cell phone and the computer: In this part the connection can be
>> USB or Bluetooth, the majority of the cell phones have this in common. ·
>> Develop functions for SMS Messages using AT commands (Send request and
>> receive responses), work with binaries format. ·        Build the
>> interface for the plugin’s configuration where the user set its
>> configuration details. ·        Build an interface for add the cell
>> account in pidgin. ·        Handle exceptions and error messages. ·
>> Documentation   For my research finding the best library, I think that
>> the best for manage the SMS plugin is KMobileTools, this library have a good
>> support and have good recommendations.
>>
>> --
>> Miembro activo
>> Grupo TAWS - ESPOL