Question regarding the Telepathy prpl

Felix Kerekes sttwister at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 11:56:37 EDT 2009

Ok, so I've been making some tests and I managed to export two prpls from
the same module. One problem that I have encountered was that the module was
unloaded when the "main" plugin was destroyed (I call the main plugin the
one automatically created by libpurple and passed to purple_init_plugin),
thus making the other plugins broken. I have managed to fix this by manually
modifying plugin->handle for each exported plugin and increasing the module
reference count. You can see the code here:
http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/file/19085a458952486ec14271385527170206a8a30e/libpurple/protocols/telepathy/telepathy.c

My question is, can I safely rely on this method for exporting multiple
prpls in the future or would some API changes be prefered?