Gadu-Gadu protocol update and patch

tsalacinski at gmail.com tsalacinski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:22:00 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've been working for some time on Gadu-Gadu protocol (used mostly by
Polish user) implementation in Pidgin.

This implementation lacks few features, and few are implemented badly
(eg. image receiving and sending - that doesn't work).

I've upgraded libgadu library in Pidgin to use the newest 1.8.2
version (which fixes many security issues - users using Gadu-Gadu in
Pidgin are exposed to those issues). I've changed the way Pidgin
handles images, so right now it does work properly. Tested on 3
computers, i386 and x86_64 with original Gadu-Gadu clients (7.0 and
8.0). So far everything works properly. The one huge patch is located
here:

http://www.alarm-clock.pl/gg_images.patch

I am the author of previous version of the patch, but it was modified
by someone else and stopped working. The wrong patch was applied to
Pidgin main tree - the only difference is that Pidgin can receive
images, but can't format them properly. Sending doesn't work at all.

Where should I post this to be included in the main tree? Or, if
someone can review it?

Regards,
Tomasz Sałaciński