Gadu-Gadu protocol update and patch

Elliott Sales de Andrade qulogic at pidgin.im
Wed Aug 26 21:44:44 EDT 2009

2009/8/26 tsalacinski at gmail.com <tsalacinski at gmail.com>

> Current code gives the pointer to crc32 value. Then, when
> ggp_send_image_handler function is launched, g_hash_table_lookup uses
> a different pointer - to ev->event.image_reply->crc32. That's a
> different pointer, so the image is not sent (because
> g_hash_table_lookup returns NULL, and then imgid = 0 and there's no
> data under that id).

They are obviously different pointers, but are you sure they're the same
crc32 value?

> Unfortunately g_hash_table_lookup accepts pointers as arguments, not
> values. While I have the CRC, I need to pass its value to some other
> function and get the imgid. If I am wrong, please correct me.

A GHashTable can take anything as a key. It's just necessary that the
hash/equal functions you use understand what you gave it. In this case, the
hash table was created with g_int_hash and g_int_equal. Thus, it uses a
pointer to an integer as the key. The fact that they are different pointers
is irrelevant because g_int_equal checks the values pointed to, not the
pointer.

All what is needed is to store crc32->imgid pair and make it available
> to ggp_send_image_handler function. When having imgid, I can retrieve
> the image's data from purple_image_store and then send it to other
> user. Current g_hash_table method doesn't work at all (it didn't send
> any image I've tried to send, g_hash_table_lookup always returned
> NULL).

Why store the imgid when you can store the PurpleStoredImage itself? That
would cut out one extra lookup. In fact, you could create the hash table in
such a way as the image is automatically unref'd when removed, thus limiting
any leaks (like when the connection ends and there are still images ref'd (I
see they're only unref'd when sent)).