Making Pidgin small-screen-friendly

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Fri Feb 20 23:37:57 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 13:39 -0500, Michael Terry wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 14:34 -0500, Michael Terry wrote:
> > Hello, gentle Pidgin developers!
>
> I've been adding patches to http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/7548
>
> There are a couple changes in those patches from what I originally
> proposed:
>
> 1. Instead of dropping the 'Mute sound' option (it needs to be there for
> Windows and it's more tied to other bits of the UI than I thought, like
> the Tools menu), I just moved the whole 'Sound Events' section to the
> right.  Dropping that one preference wasn't going to be enough anyway.

Instead of moving things, what about just decrease the minimum size on
the sound events list? there's a scrollbar so people can always scroll.

> 2. One of my patches for the Network tab drops the entire 'Proxy &
> Browser' section when in GNOME.  I thought it unnecessary, and it saves
> a lot of space (when in GNOME).

I don't really like that we use GNOME's proxy preference, simply because
things that we support and things that GNOME supports aren't identical.
I suppose that's offtopic though.

-khc