Commands for purple-remote

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Feb 24 19:58:16 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 02:13:50PM +0000, Daniel Castro wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Sorry that I post in this mailer, I tried the support one with no luck. My
> question is something for what probably developers would have an answer.
>
> I have been looking for documentation on the purple-remote command.
> Basically I want to know what things I can do with it.
>
> More specifically, I'm looking for a way to logout and log back in from a
> specific account.
>
> This because I change a lot between wired and wireless and sometimes my
> sametime account just stops sending or receiving messages even though it
> shows it is connected.
>
> I hope someone can help.
>
> Thanks!

The purple-remote script understands some very basic protocol URIs (which
you can see some examples of when you run purple-remote by itself,
assuming you have the right python modules otherwise python will likely
just scream at you).

Beyond that it has access to essentially the entire libpurple API (the API
which can be found on the website and in the development headers). The API
functions are transformed from something_that_looks_like_this to
SomethingThatLooksLikeThis for use via D-Bus (and thus via purple-remote).
Some examples of this are included in the usage output as well.

    -Etan