Change the level from some debug messages ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Wed Feb 25 13:41:13 EST 2009

Hi Etan!

The suggested changes on log levels follows attached.
These changes were made considering the codes from MTN repository that
I've downloaded this morning.

I couldn't upgrade by now the version of our development copy, so I
couldn't compile these codes.
Nevertheless, I'm almost certain that there is no error on them.

The only point that will demand some attention is the level changes that
I'm not completely sure were made accordingly with your rules and on the
more accurate way.

Please let me know whether those changes will be applied and, if
possible, on which version this will happen.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Mauro.

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil escreveu:
> Thanks for the answer Etan!
>
> Yeah, you are right.
> In fact we want to have more info on failure cases that don't lead to
> crashes as the 2 conditions I've pointed on prior email, and this info
> to be pointed on our logs with a more accurate level.
>
> I'll get the updated Pidgin/libpurple version today and send the
> suggesting changes for approval as soon as possible.
>
> Best regards,
> Mauro.
>

> Etan Reisner escreveu:
>> The debug window information is not generally particularly useful in
>> figuring out what caused a crash, a backtrace/crash report file is much
>> more useful. That being said if you want to work on tweaking some debug
>> levels feel free to do so and submit patches for it, unless they are
>> entirely incorrect they will likely be accepted.
>>
>>     -Etan
>>

> --
> __At.,
>    _
>
> *Technology and Quality on Information*
> Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
> Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
> + mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
> : www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
> ( + 55 (34)3291-1700
> ( + 55 (34)9971-2572