Regarding GSoC

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Jan 20 13:17:33 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 23:27 +0530, Ajay Kumar wrote:
>  I am new to pidgin development. As there is still time to accept the
> applications, i feel that i can get familiar with pidgin source code
> and development. Can you please suggest me where to start from and
> also please tell me if i can still go with the VoIP implementation. If
> not, please suggest some some areas that i could work on.

Start here to get the Pidgin source code checked out:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/UsingPidginMonotone

Get Pidgin's trunk checked out and working. Then checkout the
im.pidgin.pidgin.vv branch and get that built and installed. Once you
have that going, check back here for ideas on which things need to be
coded next.

Richard