Regarding GSoC

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 04:46:13 EST 2009

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 23:27 +0530, Ajay Kumar wrote:
>>  I am new to pidgin development. As there is still time to accept the
>> applications, i feel that i can get familiar with pidgin source code
>> and development. Can you please suggest me where to start from and
>> also please tell me if i can still go with the VoIP implementation. If
>> not, please suggest some some areas that i could work on.
>
> Start here to get the Pidgin source code checked out:
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/UsingPidginMonotone
>
> Get Pidgin's trunk checked out and working. Then checkout the
> im.pidgin.pidgin.vv branch and get that built and installed. Once you
> have that going, check back here for ideas on which things need to be
> coded next.
The vv branch is actively maintained, I would imagine that it would not make a
good SoC project.  Unless the project was to extend beyond XMPP to other protocols.

There is a page of ideas, however it was created before last years project:
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects

Regards
Phil Hannent