how to get offline messages signal

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Sun Mar 1 11:18:07 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:17:53PM +0530, Nagesh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have being using the PurpleInterface to communicate
> with the pidgin through dbus.
>
> I have to get the offline message notification when
> an offline message is sent.
>
> can any one suggest me , will that signal be generated
> when an offline messages is left, if so what is that signal.

There is no signal for this, pidgin often doesn't know that a message is
being sent to an offline buddy. That is pidgin can certainly tell that the
buddy doesn't appear to be online but sending the message usually isn't
handled any differently than sending a normal message.

Why do you need to know this?

> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ajay.