YMSG15 question: no response to 0x83 packets

Gleb Peregud gleber.p at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:39:46 EST 2009

Hello.

I'm sorry if it is not an appropriate list to ask this kind of
question. I would be thankful if you point me to the more appropriate
list :)

I've implemented a YIM version 15 client in Erlang lately. I have
noticed a quite weird behaviour of Yahoo! servers.

For some unknown reason after long and heavy usage I'm not getting any
YAHOO_SERVICE_ADDBUDDY requests. It does not respond with anything at
all. It does not even send an error response if given buddy ID does
not exist. Though it gets back to normal after some time by itself.

I would be grateful for any pointers.

Best regards,
Gleb Peregud