libpurple googletalk connection and buddy add issues with msn

Duncan Berriman duncan at dcl.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:41:51 EST 2010

Sorted it now. It was the way I was handling the PurpleConnectionError in the signals. It was actually 3 of them that were failing. I had tried commenting out each one in turn, it was only when I disabled all the signals and then worked through them I realised the issue.

Sorry for troubling the list. I seem to have solved my issues, I guess another cup of coffee is needed!

So only outstanding problem is msn not adding buddies etc but I think that may be an msn network issue as the code is identical and works on gtalk (which is why I added it to check it wan't my code).

Apologies for my lack of understanding. I seem to be getting there now and thanks for the help.

Duncan