GSoC Ideas

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Mar 28 04:07:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Austin Burrow <atburrow at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently in my Junior year at Oklahoma Christian University studying for a B.S. in Computer Science.
>
> I have been using Pidgin for a long time now.  I feel that GSoC is a great opportunity to give something back.  I am interested in the ideas for improving the ICQ TLC, better chat log viewer and sending messages via SMS.  I also have ideas about improving the IRC experience on Pidgin, such as implementing features that have been requested like a raw output window and the addition of certain commands used by different IRC servers.  I have a passion for programming and a large amount of experience with C.

Cool, I think these are good ideas (with the SMS idea being slightly
less interesting to me)!  It might help to try to choose the project
that you're most passionate about.  Something that you take a personal
interest in and that would affect how you use Pidgin.  I feel like
that might result in the best product, and be the best learning
experience.

--Mark