Plans for 3.0.0

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Apr 18 02:40:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Daniel Atallah
<daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 19:26, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
>> I have created im.pidgin.pidgin.next.major in monotone.  Let the mergefest begin!
>
> Is anyone opposed to also merging im.pidgin.pidgin.win32.autotools?

I'm not opposed to it.  I only glanced through the changes just now
and they look reasonable.  Did I hear someone say that we would still
want to keep the Makefile.mingw files around?  It seems silly to have
two ways to build on Windows... isn't that just adding more work for
ourselves?  If autotools works on Windows, why would we keep
Makefile.mingws?  If autotools isn't sufficient for all purposes, why
would we bother doing extra work to get it to work on Windows?

--Mark