Time to drop the qq plugin?

microcai microcai at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 10 12:52:44 EDT 2011

于 2011年05月11日 00:39, Christopher Forsythe 写道:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM, microcai <microcai at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

>>> We gave the openq people access to mtn (ipp.openq) when they stepped up
>>> maintain the current prpl (though they have clearly stopped contributing
>>> to us, I'm assuming openq itself is also fairly dead).
>>>
>>> Do we want to consider doing that with the libqq-pidgin authors? Give
>> them
>>
>> I AM one of the  libqq-pidgin maintainers.
>> Actually I was thinking about inform you guys about migrating the
>> libqq-pidgin when it get ready.
>>
>> And , yeah, it works now. But due to *not upstream* so it does no exist.
>> Few people have tried. We need more test. And brings it to the upstream
>> seems to be the right choice.
>>

> I'd think it would be better to just direct those who want qq to this prpl
> rather than ship this one since it's so new.
>
> Chris

People who need it will use it no matter how *new* it is.
People who don't need it will not use it no matter how stable it is.

And by including it, we help the people who really need but unable to
get it by himself.

So, hey, please merge it back, don't erase it.