Problem using libpurple with libmysqlclient?

Nguyen Hoa purplevn at outlook.com
Mon Dec 17 23:18:22 EST 2012

Hi,
I am quite new to libpurple. I compiled and run the example nullclient.c originally from the pidgin source successfully. But when adding some non-sense code using the mysqlclient library (with the header file mysql.h declared) right before the return statement in the main of nullclient.c, for example:
MYSQL *conn;
mysql_close(conn);

the nullclient.c was still compiled successfully but it hung when running. I activated the debug mode and found out this happened at "(10:51:19) plugins: probing /usr/lib/purple-2/perl.so".
I am using Ubuntu 12.10, below is my library version
lii  libmysqlclient-dev              5.5.28-0ubuntu0.12.1 amd64
ii  libperl-dev                     5.14.2-13ubuntu0.1   amd64
ii  libpurple-dev                   1:2.10.6-0ubuntu2    all

I don't know whether it is normal or not.