Problem using libpurple with libmysqlclient?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Dec 18 11:16:40 EST 2012

It's probably more useful to look at a stack trace in this case.  I
suggest running your program from within gdb, then, when it hangs, hit
CTRL+c and type "bt"

Also note that libpurple is licensed under the GPL and I think the
mysqlclient library might not be GPL compatible.  I think that means
it's ok for you to link to mysqlclient privately (though this
particular aspect of the GPL has never been super clear to me), but
you should not distribute your code to 3rd parties.