[GSoC 2012] Planned API changes - RFC

Tomasz Wasilczyk tomkiewicz.groups at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:23:50 EDT 2012

Hi,

I hope I didn't bored all of you with my suggestions. I have another one.

Some of protocols supports message delivery acknowledgment. Some of
our protocol plugins support it in weird way, by displaying popup with
something like "message was _probably_ not delivered".

We may support it similiar way as typing notifications (at least,
before webkit). We may provide three states: "sending", "delivered",
"not delivered". Conversation theme would handle it in way it wants
to: by displaying notification (like about typing) or by flashing
indicator.

Note 1: TODO found in update_typing_message (that's why it doesn't
work in 3.0.0)
Note 2: some TODOs found in server.h, about moving to conversation API

Waiting for comments, as always,
Tomek