[GSoC] Photo Sharing project proposal

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 03:55:38 EDT 2012

On 21/03/12 16:41, Valentina Manea wrote:

> I started from this ticket [0], from a Yahoo! Messenger feature but I
> was thinking of doing something that is protocol independent.
Going out on a limb, but I'd suspect this may be an extension of Y!M
'Doodle'.

Then again, that's how I'd do it - a whiteboard extension - because it
would seem at the surface to be the sensible approach. But Y!M being Y!M
probably means it's not done like that at all within that protocol ;)

My 2c: I'd suggest looking at the Pidgin Whiteboard API as well as the
the current state of the XMPP Whiteboard[1]. From there, other prpls
could implement the functionality via plugins or within the prpl direct
once it's established how the protocol works with pictures within their
own whiteboard.

Pete.
[1] No, I have no idea, sorry.