Keyring integration/detachable sessions and GSoC

Peter Lawler bleeter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:52:35 EDT 2012

On 25/03/12 07:42, Corey F wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Integration with desktop keyring managers is a feature I'd like to have,
> and was a GSoC 2008 project [1]. The SoC 2008 project status page lists
> "Waiting 3.0.0", and I see some recent cleanup work by qulogic in
> *im.pidgin.soc.2008.masterpassword, so perhaps there's not sufficient
> work remaining* for another GSoC project.

Please note the ticket for this, http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/673

QuLogic has stated that there's need for a 'API review and stuff' for
the SoC 2008 master password branch. I'm not sure how that fits in with
GSoC at all (I presume the C thing means folks are expecting code, but I
have no idea at all). Just providing this as information to you.

Regards,

Pete.