GSOC 2013 ideas regarding XMPP

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Apr 11 03:54:25 EDT 2013

I haven't looked at these tickets in detail, but in general I like the
idea.  I suspect many of the tickets you mentioned, like the various
crashes, could be fixed and closed pretty easily (and I agree--that is
valuable).  Stream Management does seem nice.

Other random thoughts: From my experience, working with file transfer
and connection establishment in libpurple is tricky.  There are a lot
of levels of callbacks, and it's important to have really good error
handling.  Our PRPLs have historically not done a good job of
interfacing with our file transfer API to indicate when a file
transfer finished, or finished successfully, or had an error.