Project for GSOC 2013

Ashish Gupta ashmew2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 05:11:17 EDT 2013

Oh, thanks for the information, i didnt know that libpurple-nonLibpurple
should be working. All i saw from a user perspective is that it doesnt, and
i have seen a lot of people(including myself) being frustrated as to why it
does not work. Why does it have to be official ? All i want to do is work
on fixing the file transfer issue. If it can be done in a more official
way, I'll still be more than glad to contribute to that. Just the end
result should be the ability to transfer files.

The ideas i mentioned(via HTTP/FTP server or via  a cloud), we could ask
the users that the "official" file transfer is not working out for some
reason, and then give them options as to what they want to do. If the files
are to be sent urgently , at least they'll have an option of getting the
work done through some other way.

Looking forward to your views on the same,

Ashish