Project for GSOC 2013

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Apr 23 10:45:45 EDT 2013

Ashish Gupta spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Oh, thanks for the information, i didnt know that libpurple-nonLibpurple
> should be working. All i saw from a user perspective is that it doesnt, and
> i have seen a lot of people(including myself) being frustrated as to why it
> does not work. Why does it have to be official ? All i want to do is work
> on fixing the file transfer issue. If it can be done in a more official
> way, I'll still be more than glad to contribute to that. Just the end
> result should be the ability to transfer files.

Note that your idea is implementable in an interoperable way; if you
put a file up for transfer and then send a URL as a regular link in an
IM, then it works fine with both libpurple and non-libpurple clients.
You could optionally include something that helps a libpurple client
understand that this is intended to be a file transfer, and trip the
regular file transfer mechanism, if you so desired.

Ethan