crash in novell_ssl_connect_error

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Tue Jun 18 11:25:04 EDT 2013

I'm running pidgin-2.7.10 as included in openSuSE 11.4. If the network
connection is flaky, pidgin crashes in novell.c:1680

1671 static void
1672 novell_ssl_connect_error(PurpleSslConnection * gsc,
1673                                                  PurpleSslErrorType error, gpointer data)
1674 {
1675         PurpleConnection *gc;
1676         NMUser *user;
1677
1678         gc = data;
1679         user = gc->proto_data;
1680         user->conn->ssl_conn->data = NULL;
1681
1682         purple_connection_ssl_error (gc, error);
1683 }

Current mainline has the same code. I lost my gdb sesseion during the
last crash, so cant tell what pointer in line 1680 was invalid or NULL.

I suggest to add proper checks before assign a value to ->data.

Olaf