Status of main branch, and debugging on Windows

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean_seb at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 12 20:11:59 EST 2014

Hello again,

>> Debugging on Windows is broken at the moment, due to ASLR usage. I'm
>> afraid, the only debugging method is "printf" at the moment.
>
> Is this the case for the 2.x branch too?

I really should have thought of this earlier, but I'll mention it
anyways, I'm not afraid of making a fool of myself :-)

I guess if that bug is reproducible in the Linux version of Pidgin too,
what I'm suggesting with a Linux VM should be even easier - no need to
cross-compile anything, I can debug a Linux build.

I guess the intellectual challenge of getting it building on Windows was
blinding me to the obvious :-)

J-S

Jean-Sebastien Guay              jean_seb at videotron.ca
                     http://whitestar02.dyndns-web.com/