SoC 2015 Students Announced

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Thu Jun 4 17:19:12 EDT 2015

Hi hi,

Thanks for the chat in #instantbird :)

It's ultimately up to you, but if it were me I'd be doing as you say and
porting across the libpurple2 changes from IB and then start a separate
branch to port those changes to libpurple3.  Do not underestimate the big
changes needed for porting to libpurple3 as I'm sure a lot of what you need
to do will need to be gobjectificated.

Do keep trying to compile with gplugin as it's a pretty integral part of
libpurple3 :)

Don't be scared to drop by in the XMPP conf or IRC room to talk about any
other compile issues or questions you have about your project.

Cheers,
Eion