PPA

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jun 8 16:13:09 EDT 2015

I believe Mark has expressed a desire to kill off the PPA. Is that
something we want to do?

Ubuntu Vivid has 2.10.9, so it is behind the PPA in general, which has
2.10.11. I have not build 2.10.11 in the PPA for Vivid, though I have a
request from a user to do so. The current development version of Ubuntu,
wily, has 2.10.11.

If we're going to kill off the PPA, we definitely should do so before
the next Ubuntu LTS, to allow for phasing it out. The next LTS should be
the release after wily.

Essentially, I'm asking which of the following should I do:
A) Build 2.10.11 for Vivid.
B) Remove all mention of the PPA from the website, and update the PPA
    description to say it's deprecated.

--
Richard