Introduction for Gsoc'15

Vandan Phadke one.donerocks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:33:05 EST 2015

Hello,

I am Vandan Phadke. A 3rd year Undergraduate student studying Computer
Science in BITS Pilani University.
I have a good 2-2.5 year experience in android development
Please have a look at my github profile: https://github.com/Vandan-V-Phadke/

I am very interested in working on the project of developing an android
client for pidgin.
I had some doubts though. In the details it is mentioned that sender
connects to user's server only.
So basically will we send a http request to the user server before starting
the conversation?
And what has to be done regarding the encryption and decryption of messages.

Also please give me a starting point so that I can start contributing to
the project and thinking about the implementation
details about the app.

Thanks in advance

Vandan Phadke