State of Pidgin: Attracting and Maintaining New Contributors

Tim Murphy tnmurphy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:21:00 EDT 2017

I tried (and failed) to fix an issue with 3.0 where lines of text pasted
into the IM window had all their newlines removed (actually not converted
to something equivalent in HTML).

I can say that the organisation and the documenation were 100% of the
problem for me. The VCS is just one of those arguments one should ignore
because it will waste a lot of energy on something that is utterly trivial.
I use git and merc and I would use bzr or darcs if I had to. What I
couldn't do was work out where I needed to look to make my change.

Regards,

Tim