Headset plugin, compatibility Plantronics W720

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 18 08:26:17 EDT 2020

On Sat, 2020-05-16 at 12:20 +0200, Lukas Schreiner wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> working with Pidgin 2.13.0 and SIPE-Connection to S4B.
> And furthermore i'm using a Plantronics W720 headset.
> Found in this list a reference to a Headset plugin for pidgin (http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/pidgin-headset.git).
>
> It was nearly usable, but i'd to make some changes in order to be able
> to use it for my headset. It was flickering start/stop hook in a loop after
> ending a call (doesn't matter if call ended automatically or via
> button). The LED turned on, off, muted, on,.. etc. and Pidgin was not
> responsive anymore. Debug logs were full of event debug prints, whereas
> b0020 = 1 was stated.
>
> The headset is not the Lync-certified one (W720 instead of W720-M), but
> i guess there is not so much difference.
>
> As i'm not sure where to place it exactly, i thought of just sharing my
> changes, in order to get it working, here in the list if somebody else
> is searching for it.

Hi Lukas, thanks for your email.

I'd certainly be interested in looking at your changes and seeing we
can merge them and support all types of headset at the same time.

I can test with the Jabra PRO 930 that I've been using, and I think I
had a Plantronics device somewhere around too that was working with the
current code.