STRANGE PROBELM WITH PIDGIN IN MY CENOTS-4.4 BOX

Bertrand P. S. Russell betrussell23 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 03:06:33 EDT 2008

Hi pidgin users,

I am running CentOS-4.4(base) in my IBM ThinkPad. I installed pidgin, and I
could able to type message on my chat window. The problem is I am not
receiving anything from my friends. I could see the prompt that, "<someone>
typing", but not his message afterwards. This is really making me mad.

But, with gaim, everything is working without any problem. From, this what I
am concluding is, something is wrong with my settings are with my pidgin. I
installed pidgin by yum. I guess, the package should not contain any bug.
Could anyone shed some light on this issue, to solve my problem.

My configurations settings, I followed from the configuring pidigin for
GTalk form GTalk support page.

Thank you in advance for your kind suggestions.

Russell

--
There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.
Bertrand. P. S. Russell