Wish list? Bug? ICQ Privacy settings not saved

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Mon Mar 3 12:56:33 EST 2008

At 09:28 AM 3/3/2008, Etan Reisner wrote:

>First off, do you have the Web Aware ICQ privacy setting enabled? If so
>turn that off, that is probably the single largest source of ICQ spam I'm
>aware of.

Wasn't aware of that setting! It is (and has been ) off.

>Second, ICQ changes the visible/active privacy setting as needed to keep
>your settings doing what we believe your intent was (ICQ only uses the
>active setting and that setting can change based on how you block/unblock
>people, etc. I always forget all the details). In short, the dialog
>switching may or may not actually be doing anything or be indicating
>anything of any importance.

Well, I switch it to Only allow people on my contact list, I switch
to Away, then it's back to allow everyone. Kinda annoying. I've
reported some of these spammers, but i have a feeling ICQ is about as
proactive as Google at handling spammers.