Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Mark Scott pidgin.im at codebrewer.com
Mon Mar 3 14:27:21 EST 2008

Kevin Stange wrote:

> Mark Scott wrote:

>> Looking at my current Pidgin 2.3.1 window I can see I have 12 lines
>> visible in the input field and 40 lines of conversation visible (with,
>> as it happens, 132 chars per line).
>
> Is this a maximized window?

No, not at all.  I seldom maximize windows.  I mostly use a laptop with
a 1920x1200 screen and my IDE is the only thing that's routinely
maximized.  The screen's aspect ratio simply makes most other maximized
windows look 'strange'.

My current Pidgin window turns out to be 887x957 pixels, including
window manager decorations.  That's probably an average size.

>  I would wager that most Pidgin users don't
> keep their IM windows this large most of the time.  A lot of the changes
> in this vein were motivated by the idea of making the conversation work
> better at smaller sizes and may have failed to consider users that have
> extremely large windows.

Genuine interest: you consider ~800x100 to be extremely large?  It feels
just right to me :-S

Regards.

--
Mark Scott