Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

quoderat mail at millerm.com
Wed Mar 5 12:30:15 EST 2008

Ethan,

Thanks for all the efforts in Pidgin.

I've been using it on a long time, and as strange as it may seem, the whole
reason I switched to Pidgin is because I've used other clients that had
non-resizable text input fields and found this unacceptable.

I want to be able to control what size my input text is. I frequently send
10+ line messages, as does my girlfriend and many of my friends, and I find
that I am unable to use Pidgin until this problem is corrected.

This isn't a threat or anything, just the truth, as I don't expect you to
care much about one users -- however, if Pidgin can't be made to somehow
have an adjustable text input size, then I (and my friends who also use
Pidgin) will be forced to switch to a different IM client that allows a
resizable text input field.

This is a non-negotiable requirement for my girlfriend and I (and several of
my friends) in an IM client.

Not sure why this was removed, but boy, does it make Pidgin hard to use.

Thanks again for all the efforts. I successfully used Pidgin for many years
with no complaints, but maybe it is time to move on.

Mike Miller