Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Wed Mar 5 12:53:32 EST 2008

At 09:30 AM 3/5/2008, quoderat wrote:

>I've been using it on a long time, and as strange as it may seem, the whole
>reason I switched to Pidgin is because I've used other clients that had
>non-resizable text input fields and found this unacceptable.
>
>I want to be able to control what size my input text is. I frequently send
>10+ line messages, as does my girlfriend and many of my friends, and I find
>that I am unable to use Pidgin until this problem is corrected.
>
>This isn't a threat or anything, just the truth, as I don't expect you to
>care much about one users -- however, if Pidgin can't be made to somehow
>have an adjustable text input size, then I (and my friends who also use
>Pidgin) will be forced to switch to a different IM client that allows a
>resizable text input field.

Well... I guess it's time for me to chime in here.

Pidgin is GPL. Meaning the source code is right there. If you don't
like it, change it.

And I hate to say it, but if you don't like some of the changes being
made, ask for a full refund of every penny you've paid. I'm sure the
developers would be happy to oblige.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain, but to threaten to
'leave' pidgin is probably going about it the wrong way. The
developers haven't made any money from you, so threaten to pay them
first, THEN threaten to leave. :)

I for one don't like the change either, but I have a feeling it may
be fixed in a later version. One of the reasons I like Pidgin, is they listen.