2 questions

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu May 15 16:54:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 01:20:56PM -0700, kathryn powell wrote:
> I don't have a clue what you're talking about by
> replying to the list.  Why don't I explain to you how
> to calculate and give chemotherapy and talk to you
> like you're stupid?  You haven't even read what I've
> written so I'm done.  I'm sorry I have Pidgin.  One
> day when you have a nurse who's rude, look back and
> understand that things have come full circle.

Your original post was sent to the pidgin support list, your responses to
my emails have been sent to me alone and not to the list, but lets ignore
that, it doesn't matter ultimately.

If I had come to your support establishment and asked you how to do that I
would expect you to give me the answer I asked for. If I came in with
terminology you weren't sure I was using correctly, I would expect you to
ask me to clarify it. That is exactly what I have been doing. I will again
ask that you please explain to me exactly which icons you are attempting
to change in pidgin, what function this icon has, where it lives in the
interface, and who is able to see it. Please do that and I will gladly
tell you how to do whatever it is you are asking us to help you with.

At this point I am unable to give you any more assistance because I
honestly do not know what you want to do and I have done my best to
explain what I thought you were trying to ask me.

It is entirely your prerogative to get angry over this but it is not in
any way my fault that this email conversation has broken down. I've tried
repeatedly to help, I haven't insulted you or even assumed an insulting
tone.

	-Etan

Original email included below for people playing along at home. I forgot
to send that response to the list, my mistake.