FW: Problem connecting to the server

Laurie Shannon laurieshannon at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 19 17:37:41 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Thanks for the info Sulabh.  I am still however concerned about privacy.  As
you can see in my original email (below) I only sent an email to
support at pidgin.im  I don't know of any "lists".  I don't even have any
contacts yet.  I did however change my password as you suggested.

Here is the log on connect:

(14:33:53) util: Writing file prefs.xml to directory C:\Documents and
Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\.purple
(14:33:53) util: Writing file C:\Documents and
Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\.purple\prefs.xml
(14:33:58) account: Connecting to account Eclectic at typists.quicktate.com/qt.
(14:33:58) connection: Connecting. gc = 019509B8
(14:33:58) dnssrv: querying SRV record for typists.quicktate.com:
_xmpp-client._tcp.typists.quicktate.com
(14:33:58) wpurple: This version of dnsapi.dll contains DnsQuery_UTF8
(14:33:58) wpurple: This version of dnsapi.dll contains DnsRecordListFree
(14:33:59) dnssrv: Couldn't look up SRV record. DNS name does not exist.
(9003).
(14:34:03) util: Writing file accounts.xml to directory C:\Documents and
Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\.purple
(14:34:03) util: Writing file C:\Documents and
Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\.purple\accounts.xml

Thanks for your help.

Laurie

  _____