auto hiding, removal of some buddy list groups

Geoffrey Lane freeballer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:16:33 EDT 2009

sucks that its not possible to hide some details like one would with a
buddy (or still show if they are offline)
I dare say that that's probably the most requested feature for windows
or any platform, my main problem is that it excludes those
using windows -- in other words a particular group of users. The other
features are more or less improvements on code and bugfixes or it
would be a new version no#.. The main new features I've looked for
here are not working; ink,audio -msn, gtalk -- already talked about,
yahoo - txt... those seem the most visible to normal users (and are
not fixes or aesthetic issues)... like me as I have no idea what
"Removed support for obsoleted XEP-0022 " is. lmao

And in case it was not obvious. I was not worried if I would be flamed
or not just saying I'm not getting into childish arguments over
issues. I was simply stating my opinion and disappointment. By all
means call me a +++ all you want

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:54:07 -0400
> From: Daniel Atallah <datallah at pidgin.im>
> Subject: Re: auto hiding, removal of some buddy list groups
> To: Geoffrey Lane <freeballer at gmail.com>
> Cc: support at pidgin.im
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 16:55, Geoffrey Lane<freeballer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> this has bugged me for a long time, and frankly hate the wasted space
>> of unused buddy lists. While I know you can hide an empty list - thats
>> not what I want to do. I'm talking about the "favorites", "non-im
>> contacts", "other contacts" Is there a permanent way to remove them
>> without them re-appearing when you relog?
>
> No, these are added by the server; this has been covered more
> extensively if you care to look at the support list archives.
>
>> ps. prove me wrong, but I cannot get any of the audio/video working in
>> gtalk or the other "additions" in windows. If these are not included
>> in the native windows client I say why? If you're not going to include
>> the fixes for every os you support on the site why not drop it like
>> osx
>>
>> (if you want to discuss it logically and maturely thats fine. I ignore
>> any flames reguarding my last statement)
>
> No need to prove you wrong; voice/video isn't yet supported on Windows
> (or on any other platform where the dependencies aren't available).
> There are people working on it - if/when it the functionality ready,
> then it'll work on Windows too.
>
> Your last comment doesn't make any sense - there are are any number of
> features are enabled/disabled based on the platform or other criteria.
>  In this case, just because VV isn't enabled, that doesn't at all mean
> that Pidgin can't continue to be as useful as it has always been on
> Windows.
>
> Helpful hint: If you don't want to be flamed, you should avoid making
> statements that clearly even you perceive as flamebait.
>
> -D

> End of Support Digest, Vol 24, Issue 42

========
Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows, how are you gonna guarantee my safety..
--John Crichton - Farscape