auto hiding, removal of some buddy list groups

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Wed Aug 19 17:54:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 16:55, Geoffrey Lane<freeballer at gmail.com> wrote:
> this has bugged me for a long time, and frankly hate the wasted space
> of unused buddy lists. While I know you can hide an empty list - thats
> not what I want to do. I'm talking about the "favorites", "non-im
> contacts", "other contacts" Is there a permanent way to remove them
> without them re-appearing when you relog?

No, these are added by the server; this has been covered more
extensively if you care to look at the support list archives.

> ps. prove me wrong, but I cannot get any of the audio/video working in
> gtalk or the other "additions" in windows. If these are not included
> in the native windows client I say why? If you're not going to include
> the fixes for every os you support on the site why not drop it like
> osx
>
> (if you want to discuss it logically and maturely thats fine. I ignore
> any flames reguarding my last statement)

No need to prove you wrong; voice/video isn't yet supported on Windows
(or on any other platform where the dependencies aren't available).
There are people working on it - if/when it the functionality ready,
then it'll work on Windows too.

Your last comment doesn't make any sense - there are are any number of
features are enabled/disabled based on the platform or other criteria.
 In this case, just because VV isn't enabled, that doesn't at all mean
that Pidgin can't continue to be as useful as it has always been on
Windows.

Helpful hint: If you don't want to be flamed, you should avoid making
statements that clearly even you perceive as flamebait.

-D