I am installing Pidgin in Firefox. ????

Michael Secord gizmokid2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:39:54 EST 2009

I'm going to add to this, because I think this is where the issue arises.

There are a lot of users who won't even /look/ in the help or FAQ for an
address to contact Pidgin at.  Most people assume that there is a
support at pidgin.im address and therefore assume it's private.

My only recommendation would be to somehow have a /filter/ email of some
sort, that when a user NOT subscribed to the list emails it, they are
warned that this is a public email list and then given an option to
continue sending the email, to cancel the email, or to join the list.

I've seen lists done in a similar manner, and I believe this might be a
viable solution (though I'm not sure if the current list software
supports it).

-Michael