Any way to get email notification while I am logged in to Pidgin?

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Fri Feb 6 13:01:55 EST 2009

I just tried on XP and Pidgin 2.5.4, and it works as described - I
send myself a mail, and the taskbar icon begins to flash. I bring
Pidgin into focus, and get the "1 New Mail" notification.

Could you maybe have something that's blocking Pidgin from flashing
in your taskbar or otherwise coming into focus?

Have you sent yourself a test e-mail, then waited a minute or two and
brought Pidgin into the foreground and made sure the Mail
Notification isn't there?

Does mail notification work for other protocols?

(Unless of course there's something I don't know about the Ubuntu
version, it works fine for me on XP).